• I have been wanting to write this post for quiet sometime now and I am …

    View Post
  • I have racked up quite the stack of books with all of my late night …

    View Post
  •   Let’s talk designer dupes, shall we? The Valentino Rockstuds have become incredibly popular …

    View Post
  • Being a busy dog momma, renovating our fixer upper & working a full-time job doesn’…

    View Post
  • 20   168
    20   163
    5   132
    17   182
    12   115
    14   123
    15   197
    43   306

    My Favorite Essential Oils

    My Favorite Essential Oils

    I have been wanting to write this post for quiet sometime now and I am finally here 🙌🏻 Essential oils have become a major part of our lives since moving into our first home back in March, we use them for just about everything now.

    First things first, I use Young Living essential oils mainly because this is what my mom has always used, but also because they are the purest you can get. I also own a few doTERRA oils that have been gifted to me by a few girlfriends and they are just as great! They are defintley more expensive then the oils you can find at your local grocery store & on Amazon, but it is because they are the BEST in the business. Just a little side note (that is also a bit scary): For an oil to be labeled as 100% pure it is only required that 5% of what is actually in the bottle has to be the essential oil. The other 95% can be water or whatever else they choose to fill it with. CRAZY right?!

     

    How We Use Essential Oils/ Natural Based Products In Our Home

    Allergy Relief: Although I love living out in the country I hate the allergies that come with it. I love to blend lemon, lavender and peppermint together into my diffuser to help contain sinus headaches and clear up the pressure in my ears and nose. I have also poured this blend into a roller & carry it in my purse with me daily.

    Glow Serum: I am still a huge fan of my Clinique skin care products and use them religiously. However in the cooler months my face tends to get extremely dry and the moisture surge mask doesn’t always get  the job done. So in its place I will use this glow serum. I use it after I wash my face before makeup in the AM, and at night after washing my face. Here is how to make it:

    -10 drops of Copaib

    -10 drops of Lavender

    -10 drops of Lemongrass

    -10 drops of Frankincens (great anti-aging benefits as well)

    -Fill the rest with Grape-seed Oil

    Cleaning: Although I do still keep a few conventional household cleaners under the kitchen sink I try to use Thieves Household Cleaner for most of our daily cleaning routines. One of my favorite uses for the Thieves Household Cleaner is for mopping our floors. I do One cap full of Thieves per one container of water. It works like a charm and keeps the house smelling AMAZING days after! If I need to really get down deep and scrub something like the toilets or the showers I mix a combination of baking soda and thieves cleaner.

    Sleep Support: I need all the help I can get when it comes to sleep! I use a blend of Lavender, Sandalwood and Frankincense (3 drops of each) every night before bed. This normally does the trick but if I wake up in the middle of the night, Ill reach over and turn it back on and I swear I am back to sleep within 30 minutes.

    My Current Favorite Oil

    Lemongrass is definitely my favorite oil at the moment. It smells so good! So much so that I have been using it in place of perfume lately. But it also has some amazing benefits such as pain relief. If you have been following along with me on Insta-Stories then you know I started Camp Gladiator a little over a month ago after not working out for a good year. To say the least I was extremely sore and my muscles were definitely hating me. Lemongrass is a natural pain-reliever and anti-inflammatory, making it especially great for relaxing muscles and providing joint pain relief. For my muscle cramps and general body aches I will combine 3-4 drops of lemongrass oil with coconut oil and massage into the affected areas, I start to feel relief within 15 minutes of applying. It really is magical!

     

    These are a few of the ways I have slowly started to incorporate essential oils into our home & honestly I don’t know why I didn’t start using them sooner! If you use essential oils in your household what are you favorite mixtures/ favorite ways to incorporate them into your daily routines?

     

    Photos by: Angie Garcia Photography

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *