Happy Friday, friends! Can you believe we are DAYS away from Halloween? This year has just zoomed by and I am going to need 2018 to slow down a little. Anyone else with me? I know Halloween is usually a holiday you either go all out for or completely skip over, so I wanted to share some fun ( low key ) ways to celebrate and get into the Halloween spirit!
1. Carve Pumpkins: Not saving my favorite for last this time! My absolute favorite thing to do in October is carve pumpkins! Granite I am not very good at it.. I still enjoy the activity itself. For as far back as I can remember my family has always gotten together two weekends before Halloween to pick out our pumpkins and get our carve on.
A fun trick I learned from my mom: To avoid that awful moldy smell that arises after a few days- Stick cloves and sprinkle cinnamon on the inner top of your carved pumpkin, your front porch will love you!
2. Watch Your Favorite Halloween Movie: Horror films are a favorite of mine! 99% of them are are super predicable and not all that scary, but I love the cheesy-ness! My top 10 go to Halloween movies are listed below! #1 is my FAVE!
1. Hocus Pocus
4. Ghost Busters
5. The Shining
6. Halloween Town
7. Adams Family
8. The Conjuring
10. The Haunted Mansion
3. Cook Up Something Spooky: What better way to get in the spirit than with food?! There is no better way. I've linked a few great halloween recipes below!
Jack' O Lantern Quesadilla's
Graveyard Chicken Enchilada Dip
Pumpkin Devilled Egg's
4. Lay Back and Relax With A Good Book: A super simple and fun way to celebrate is by reading a good spooky book! Two of my favorite "spooky" reads are The Raven by: Edgar Allen Poe and Salems Lot by Stephen King. A good book series for the littles to read throughout the month is Goosebumps! This was a personal series favorite of mine when in middle school.
5. Vistit a pumpkin patch/ Corn Maze: Pumpkin patches are always so much fun, especially for the littles! Another fun option I love is a corn maze. If you live in the DFW area Hall's Pumpkin Farm is a great location to do a little pickin' and a little mazen'!
6. Throw a Costume party: A costume party is an excellent opportunity to get together with your besties and also a great way to get into the Halloween spirit! Just because you are too old for trick-or-treating doesn’t mean you can’t dress up. No one is too old for costume parties!